Speaking Out on the Health Impact of Politics
Who we are:
The Politics of Health Group (PoHG) consists of people who believe that power exercised through politics and its impact on public policy is of fundamental importance for health. PoHG is a UK based group but with a clear international perspective and members throughout the world.
Our core principles:
PoHG believes that:
- The opportunity for good health is the fundamental human right
- It is the responsibility of governments to strive for equitable social, economic and environmental conditions in which the health of all can thrive
sets out in full sixteen principles that should guide political action and policy development for health.
- The elimination of suffering caused by bad public policy
- To build better understanding of the political causes and consequences of health and ill health
- The promotion of health to be a central concern of politics so that public policy and social interventions focus on improving health
- Health services developed in accordance with the principles set out in the